I'm pretty sure I'm crazy.
Because everyone I've told about what I'm doing, and more importantly, HOW I'm going about doing it, tells me this. Crazy.
Many of my co-workers who are well acquainted with my OCD side couldn't believe that I could possibly go on a trip and not have all the things explicitly planned and detailed out. Well. It's an ADVENTURE people.
And so many of my friends are currently experiencing second-hand anxiety. Guilty as charged. Sorry 'bout it.
There's only a handful of unknowns. It will be fine...
1. I'm flying on a buddy pass. Which means I'm not guaranteed to get on any of my planes. I am the lowest priority passenger. I get on dead last.
2. If I do make it on, and the plane is close to the weight limit, my bags get kicked off first.
3. Originally my plane only went to Amsterdam. Which is in Holland. I was supposed to be able to fix this when I showed up at the airport.
4. I got my ticket changed so I'm going to London now instead of Amsterdam. Sorry, no Red Light District for me. Once I get to London, I don't know what happens next. I guess I find a train. I could buy a ticket in London, but the desk agent told me I'd have to go through Amsterdam... and they probably wouldn't let me have a 3rd bag.
5. I have 3 giant bags, each 50 lbs. Plus a duffel, plus a backpack (probably 70lbs), and a pillow. All of this must be carried from the plane to the train.
6. If I can figure out how to carry it all, and figure out how to get a train ticket, I don't know where it drops me off in Glasgow.
7. Assuming everything works, I will arrive in Glasgow on the 4th in the afternoon. Housing starts on the 5th. Don't know where I'm sleeping on the 4th.
8. I don't know how to get my apartment from the train station (or anywhere else). Where's the grocer store?
9. I couldn't find the right kind of power converters (my dorm has specific requirements) so when I get there I can't plug anything in until I figure out where to buy those.
10. I have $ in my pocket, but it's dollars. I don't know where to exchange it for pounds.
11. I don't know what classes I'm taking. Supposedly they will tell us on the 5th?
12. I don't know when I have class, and when I don't.
13. I don't know when I have holidays.
14. I don't know what's happening at Christmas.
15. I don't know if I have summers off or not.
16. I don't know where the grocery store is, or anything else for that matter.
17. I supposedly have a phone coming from Ireland, but I don't know how it's getting to me.
18. I don't know what I'm doing for work, just that I have a job.
Basically I'm going to London. And then we'll see. And at some point...maybe school.
SEE?!? IT WILL BE FINE.
THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.
And it begins.